Stop Industrial Vandalism Of Our National Landscape!
A group of extremely concerned residents from the wider Strathglass area has been formed in light of the proposed planning application by WPD Beinn Mhor Ltd (headquarters, Bremen, Germany). This proposal seeks to establish a 7 - turbine wind farm located immediately above the conservation village of Tomich on the perimeter of the Glen Affric National Nature Reserve, Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), Special Protection Area , National Scenic Area and the Strathglass Special Area of Conservation.
The new group is totally against this latest development in the area for the following reasons:
- Adverse impact on the internationally recognised ‘Glen Affric Experience’
- Adverse impact on tourism and local businesses
- Adverse impact on Tomich conservation village
- Adverse effect on local wild life – particularly birds
- Adverse effect on quality of life…….Read More